Re: [OM] To code the reality

Subject: Re: [OM] To code the reality
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 07:34:03 -0700
At 10:02 PM 12/21/99 +0000, Keith Berry wrote:
>Angel,
>For future reference here is an Acronym List as posted to the
>Filmscanners Digest recently.
>Anybody want to add any?

[snip]

Ángel:

Don't be dismayed.  I'm a native English speaker, and sometimes I don't
understand the abbreviations which fly around on the Internet (for example, I
was puzzled by "IIRC," which, as it turns out, stands for "if I remember
correctly").

As for hoping to see an end to these abbreviations, forget it.  It's human
nature to be lazy, and I suspect that, regardless of the language being used,
you're going to run into lots of people using abbreviations.  This drives me
crazy when I'm reading French, for example, but there's nothing I can do about
it except recognize the problem and get a good French dictionary.

Garth