[OM] To code the reality

Subject: [OM] To code the reality
From: "Ángel Lobo" <angel.lobo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 12:38:24 +0100
Some months ago I want to ask on this Oly List about this mania of to code
some words or phases. After a lot of centurys we can say "I  see yellow
flowers and blue birds". Some people on the Oly List try to say "ISYFABB".

On this matter somebody is forgetting:

1.- For a good comunication is essencial de common code. I guess IMHO is
not a common code on the world.

2.- Some members on this Oly List don´t speak english very well and to
write a little massage like this is a hard work. After a lot of months I
don´t understand thinks like ROFL, BTW - WTB, CLA, IMHO, OEM, RBG, VGA,
FYI, FTI, etc, etc.

Some time ago I ask to some members of this Oly List why they write on the
farewell of a message the name of his town and some letters that I guess
are the state on the USA. This people forget that a lot of people don´t
know the USA and that we must not to know the letters NY, NM, TN, etc. I
think this is case a of bad education.

With the TIA, BTW, CLA, etc, I think is the same bad education too.

Not for the letters.For to mind that all the people around the world must
know the same things and the same codes that I know on my little
neighborhood of my little town of my own country.

To some Oly List members: Please, don´t code the realitry. The most details
I see on it, the more I like it. (More information and best comunication).

Ángel Lobo.
Cuenca - Spain.