RE: [OM] 35-70 mm F3.5~4.8 ZUIKO?

Subject: RE: [OM] 35-70 mm F3.5~4.8 ZUIKO?
From: Dave Bulger <dbulger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 05:32:52 -0600
William,

I've recently acquired one of these lenses with a purchase of a -2K from a
listee.  I've burned only one roll of film through it and haven't processed
it yet, but I'll get back to you on it.

The lens definitely feels lighter and "poorer" than Zuikos made by Olympus,
but that doesn't necessarily indicate that it's going to be a bad lens.
 Perhaps not up to the standards the earlier Zuikos maintained, but
probably good enough for the majority of amateur photos shot by those
purchasing this lens.

Frankly, I was happy with all of my lenses until I found this group and
Gary Reese's lens tests.  Only THEN did I worry about pincushion
distortion, edge-to-edge sharpness, black/silver noses, and Oh My Gosh!  Is
It MultiCoated??!!  Only with this new-found knowledge did the quality of
my shots with the cheaper lenses diminish, but I've decided that it was
because I was so worried about barrel distortion and how much light was
bouncing off my single-coated lens surfaces that my hands would shake while
pushing the shutter release.

Hehe -- ignorance was not only bliss, but cheaper too!

Dave