RE: [OM] Ebay

Subject: RE: [OM] Ebay
From: Chip Stratton <chipstrat@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 05:34:54 -0800 (PST)
'Imagineero' wrote:

> I am not usually one to critisize, but do you mean
> to say that you are going
> to bid on this item with no intention of buying it
> simply because you are
> too lazy to click your mouse to find out how much it
> sells for?  And what if
> you put a bid on it and - horror of horrors - the
> reserve was met?  Would
> you honour your bid?  Do you go to home auctions and
> bid just for fun?  Mind
> you I suppose that the other 3 eople who have bid on
> this item are just like
> you!  If you don;t want to buy it then don;t make it
> harder for others who
> *are* interested.

If I won the auction at what I bid, I would most
certainly complete the transaction, and it wouldn't be
a bad deal. From the content of the description and
the size of the opening bid, I am certain that the
reserve is much higher than what I am willing to pay
for it.

BTW, If you want to insult, do the list a favor and do
it privately.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx