RE: [OM] Future ADITL events voting results

Subject: RE: [OM] Future ADITL events voting results
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 11:15:13 +0100
Cc: "'geanders@xxxxxxxxx'" <geanders@xxxxxxxxx>, "'george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi,

> Although these events are fun and nice I think this is too heavy a
> schedule for George alone.

Which is why I offered to help him out :)

> I think February is a very drear time of year, down here in the northern
> hemisphere anyway, to be doing the Bokeh theme.  I personally would much
> rather spring or summer for that theme.

Hmm, good point, I hadn't thought of that one myself! :(

> Seems to me the night theme and self portraits might be better suited to
> the darker months.

Yes, especially the night time theme works well in the cold (clear) winter
nights.

Alright then, I haven't received a lot of objections against the basic
schedule I presented before, so I take that to mean that the list largely
agrees with the schedule.

It looks though, that November 21st might be too soon for the self-portrait
one, but I'll leave it up to George to give the final call on that.

With some small modifications to incorporate your desire, I then propose the
following schedule:

December 21st 1999: ADITL3 (anything goes, no theme)
February 21st 2000: Self portraits
April 21st 2000: Night pictures
June 21st 2000: ADITL4 (anything goes, no theme)
August 21st 2000: Bokeh
October 21st 2000: Abstract
December 21st 2000: ADITL5 (anything goes, no theme)
February 21st 2001: Portraits
Further dates to be determined later.

Or better even (in case we do want to do a self-portrait theme sooner):
December 21st 1999: ADITL3 (anything goes, no theme)
January 21st 2000: Self portraits
February 21st 2000: Night pictures
April 21st 2000: Bokeh
June 21st 2000: ADITL4 (anything goes, no theme)
August 21st 2000: Abstract
October 21st 2000: Portraits
December 21st 2000: ADITL5 (anything goes, no theme)
Further dates to be determined later.

I personally like the second schedule best, but George, this will be your
call.

Cheers!
Olafo