Re: [OM] Art Gallerys anyone?

Subject: Re: [OM] Art Gallerys anyone?
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 20:20:01 -0700
At 02:36 AM 11/2/99 -0600, Ken Norton wrote:

[snip]

>I have avoided the art world, intentionally, for a long time, but just
>maybe it might be time to dip my toes in and take my lumps.  Who knows, it
>might just pay for the new camera equipment????  It's gotta be better than
>wedding photography.  Anybody with experience in the art gallery/wholesale
>arena have any advice/comments?  My past experience resulted in "slammed
>doors" and "sorry, we already market xxxxx".
>
>It's nice to be "discovered" once in a while.

Only one piece of advice: GO FOR IT!  Even if you fall flat on your face
(unlikely), it's better than looking back twenty years from now and wondering
"what if" or thinking "I should've."  Plus it's a good way of broadening your
exposure to various target markets (some of which you might not even be aware
of at present).  In my line of work (software systems design and coding), I've
found that work often comes via word-of-mouth, and from the most unusual
places, too.

Garth