Re: [OM] Art Gallerys anyone?

Subject: Re: [OM] Art Gallerys anyone?
From: "george" <geanders@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 1999 16:29:37 -0800
Ken;

Hey...congrats!  What was the image?

I'm not sure I have a great deal of advice.  I too approached a few
galleries with my cibachromes.  I was accepted at one. It went out of
business a year later!  Turned down at the others cause we already carry ...
It's nice to be compared to David Meunch, I guess, but I would prefer other
circumstances.

I think you've walked into a wonderful opportunity.  I certainly would
pursue it eagerly, but patiently.  Do you make your own prints? I've
forgotten if you're into darkroom work.  If not, obviously, be sure to team
up with a real good, reliable lab.  I would be surprised if the gallery does
not require Cibachrome or Crystal Archive or Iris or some other high quality
archival process.  If they don't, you probably should.  Something that I
haven't completely done yet but would be very worthwhile is a
spare-no-expense representative portfolio.  You probably already have
something like this, but you may need to do another specifically for the art
world.  It never hurts to have more images to show at the gallery to someone
who's interested, even if they're only 5x7s or 8x10s in a binder.  And also
you should probably be prepared to print and matte a reasonable amount of
work for them to show. If you can get them to help with expense, so much the
better.

I wish you lots of luck and don't forget, if it doesn't work the first time,
do what I did and have your wife open her own gallery!

George