RE: [OM] OM2 w T-32 was (Fwd) OM-2 Meter

Subject: RE: [OM] OM2 w T-32 was (Fwd) OM-2 Meter
From: Chuck Norcutt <norcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 20:57:03 -0400
Chip said:

Yes, but if you look at an OM4 shutter curtain, there is not an obvious
center
weighting to the pattern of white. This suggests to me that in this
camera at
least, the centerweighting is largely a product of the field of view of
the
metering photodiode.

Is the early OM2 meter definitely not center-weighted?

----------------------------------

Sorry if I wasn't paying attention to earlier posts on this subject but
Chip's question finally inspired me to go look at my OM-2 and OM-2n.
The OM2 speckle pattern is center weighted vertically but the pattern is
even horizontally.  The OM-2n on the other hand has an even distribution
over the full surface.
How come?

ps:  The unofficial sales info file doesn't mention this difference in
the metering method between the 2 and 2n.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA