Re: [OM] om4ti pricing

Subject: Re: [OM] om4ti pricing
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 06:33:51 -0600
At 01:12 AM 10/1/99 -0400, Chris C. wrote:

[snip]

>What would be considered a good deal for a mint to like new Om4ti in
>canadian funds.  What are some other things I should beware of when
>purchasing at a fair.  In addition are there any 4ti's that eat up
>batteries like the om4's?  Are there any other issues I should be aware
>of when looking to purchase an om4ti?
> Oh yes, I also am hoping to find a motor drive 2 , any idea what they
>sell for?

Chris:

As a fellow Canadian suffering "lo, these many years" over the inflated
Canadian prices for Olympus gear, all I can tell you is what a new example of
each would go for.  B&H Photo in New York City is my benchmark -- I've never
found cheaper new Oly gear anywhere.  A new OM-4Ti body is approx. $1600.00
CDN.  You can phone B&H on their toll-free number (look it up at
www.bhphotovideo.com) and ask for their latest pricing.  Have a calculator
handy to do the conversions, or go to

     http://www.oanda.com/converter/classic

to do the conversion to Canadian funds.

Only once have I seen a used *anything* in Olympus which I thought was priced
fairly or better, and that was a 28mm/2.0 Zuiko in flawless condition for
$229.00 CDN.  Bought it on the spot, no questions asked, and never regretted
the purchase (it's now my single most-favourite lens).  New, it would have cost
over $1,000 CDN from B&H, and even more from any Canadian dealer.

To answer your other questions, my OM-4 has never "eaten" batteries, but the
4-Ti's supposed to have eliminated that problem anyways.  As for other issues
with a 4-Ti, dunno.  Check the FAQ, I guess.

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/