Re: [OM] Olympus SIF Status?

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus SIF Status?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 12:56:04 +0100
Tobias Andersson wrote:

: There is a problem for Netscape Navigator users! The problem seems to have
: started about a week ago. The problem is probably due to a bit strange
: html-coding in the framing. There are no frames, but still there are two
: files, that confuses the browser: One om-sif.htm that sets up the framing
: and another file om-sif2.htm containing the content.

No frames? There is one frame defined containing one window! The problem lies
with Netscape Navigator, that apparently can't handle a frame with just one
window, while MSIE can. Why would one setup a frame with just one window? Well
for the start page with the logo (index.htm) it allowed me to call index2.htm
(the original page) with the "scrolling=no" parameter, which removes the
vertical scroll bar and makes the logo (an OM-4Ti in the background) look
better. For the contents page of the e-SIF (om-sif.htm) I created the frames
construction with my mirror site on X**m in mind, to get rid of the stupid
commercial banner. I added an option on the page to jump out of X**ms frame, by
calling om-sif2.htm with the "target=_top" parameter, which calls the contents
(om-sif2.htm), abandons the frame of om-sif.htm and also the frame that X**m
wraps around it. And no Olaf, it had nothing to do with Fr*ntP*ge, it was I who
set up this construction and it is a bug in N*tSc*pe N*v*g*t*r that causes the
problem. So what shall I do? Add a text 'Best viewed with M*cr*s*ft Internet
*xpl*r*r'? Hmm, doesn't do any good if you can't read that line either ;)
I'll see if it works for Navigator when I add a second, empty frame with a
height of 1 pixel and no border; if everything else fails I'll abandon the
frames construction.

Hans van Veluwen
The Unofficial Olympus OM Sales Information File
The Olympus OM Webring
http://www.veluwen.demon.nl (main site)
http://members.xoom.com/veluwen (mirror site)