[OM] lenses -Reply

Subject: [OM] lenses -Reply
From: Scott Nelson <SNelson@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 17:06:15 -0400
Well, funny you should ask, I just shot an awards ceremony using the 24/2.8,
28/3.5, 50/3.5 macro and a Tamron 90/2.5 macro. I can say I used all of the
lenses. The 24 got me a shot of the awards display on a tabletop, the 28 3-4
person group shots, the 50 2 ups and the 90 head and shoulders. For this
assignment, I'd say I used the 50 the most. Most of the time, when I reach for a
wide lens I want A WIDE LENS, it's just the perspective difference I like.  So,
I wouldn't normally use anything longer than a 24 and more often I'll use a 21
or 19. So, for what it's worth, I'd say, if your gonna buy a wide lens, go
wider, you'll never go back!  But that's just my opinion, and I'm a well-known
heretic.