Re: [OM] lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] lenses
From: Richard Ross <rhdesign@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:18:04 +0100
At 11:31 29/09/99 -0700, Glen Lowry wrote:
>The thing that I like about wides is that
>the force you to get closer to your subject and that  they provide you with
>much more complex compositional possibilities.

One of the best pieces of advice I ever read about wide angle lenses is, I
think, in the "OM System Lens Handbook".  It says something like "compose
the picture, then take one step forwards".  I have found that to be very
sound advice.  Just about my favourite Zuik is the 21/3.5, I'd hate to be
without that now.  If the choice is between the 28 and 24 as one's only
wide, I'd take the 24 every time although it needs a little more care in
use.

Will's suggestion of 24, 35, 50 as a useful combo is a good one; for me,
21, 28, 50 works well too. It's worth bearing both in mind if you're
planning to get another wide in the future.

Cheers
Richard

Richard Ross
Hemel Hempstead, England