Re: [OM] lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] lenses
From: "Keith (R.K.) Berry" <keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 18:10:26 +0100
Joey Richards wrote
>...I've heard that below about 28mm, significant distortion tends to occur
>around image edges.  Is this something that is really a problem?  I'd
>like to get as wide as possible, but I don't want to end up limiting
>myself because everything looks funny through the 24mm lens...

I thought much the same ten months ago and wouldn't spend Zuiko money on a
24mm. I bought for much less a Miranda (Vivitar) 24mm f2.8 and have been
delighted with the results from this focal length. Distortion is much less
obvious in the final picture than it seems in the viewfinder (you can get
so-o-o much more in the frame), and NOW I'd like to replace it with a real
Zuiko.

Regards,
Keith Berry (Birmingham, England)
keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx