Re: [OM] a few questions

Subject: Re: [OM] a few questions
From: "imagineero ." <imagineero@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 20:22:50 PDT
> Hey guys, I am new to the list and just thought I might put my few questions > in for fun. I come primarily from a nikon background (all manual of course)
> with a bit of rollei thrown in for laughs.  I was seriously considering
> buying an om4t as an alternative to a nikon F3T.

I am new here too and like you have come from a multi-Nikon background
(Thirty years) with a few Olympus thrown in for good measure. I recently
aquired a mint OM-4Ti to get the TTL flash, etc. I am having a lot of
trouble with mirror lockup/shutter release which appears to be electrical
in basis. My OM-1 is faultless, but then it is fully manual as are my
Nikons.

I am now seriously looking at Nikon F3T & P models to do my job reliably.
The Olympus SLRs are beautiful to use and the lenses (with the exception
of my 75-150 Zuiko) are superb.

Good to see a few aussies on the list! My auntie lives up in Childers, close by Bundy. I have heard a fair number of complaints relating to the performance of the olympus flash system which seems to be the only drawback in the whole system to me. The 1/60 synch speed really bites, but the most of my cameras have never had TTL so I am used to doing multi fill flash setups manually. No probs there. Is it possible the OM4 that you own might be a one off in regard to the mirror lockup problem? Has anyone else experienced the same problems?

Good luck with your F3, go for the P - a fine camera.