Re: [OM] a few questions

Subject: Re: [OM] a few questions
From: "imagineero ." <imagineero@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 09:09:13 PDT
At 08:33 PM 9/26/99 -0700, you wrote:
>>Welcome! Are you sure you meet all the requirements for list
>>membership? You must either 1) own an SUV, 2) want to ban SUVs, 3)
>>want to ban those who discuss SUVs, or 4) are outside the US, and
>>wonder what an SUV is. (If this doesn't make sense, look at the past
>>couple weeks' of archives. Suffice to say this list is high-volume,
>>and tends to get off-topic easily. :-)
>
>Well, I fit in to category 4. I live in Korea presently and have never come
>accross this particular acronym before.  Would you mind filling me in?

Ahem.

"SUV" = "Sport Utility Vehicle" = "big honkin' truck-like thing with rich interior appointments to make you think you're driving a Lincoln Continental that can off-road"

Ah, can't stand those heaps of shit or the morons who drive them.... Only joking. Makes no difference to me what you choose to drive. They have some pretty funky 4WD's over here, though you'd hardly classify them SUV's. Decent (diesel) engines by merc and bodies by Ssangyong (a korean mob). They drive startlingly well considering the $15,000 pirce tag and are very well appointed with the usual options/mod cons as standard. On par with a Jeep Cherokee for almost 1/4 of the price.