Re: Sv: [OM] Slide projector sizing?

Subject: Re: Sv: [OM] Slide projector sizing?
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 5 Sep 1999 05:30:38 +0200
: Thanks for the list. I have both a Rollei P37 and a Kodak AF. The Rollei has
: a Haminez zoom (70 to 120?) which is quite good but the Kodak is probably
: plastic. The Kodak gets the most use because of the stack loader so I need or
: cherish after a better lens.  Other than the Kodak, do you know which of the
: below fits Kodak?

Don't Kodak projectors use compatible lens "mounts"? If the lens inside the
Rollei fits into the
Kodak than the latter is standard and all lenses would fit.
Btw, at least in Europe, Kodak lenses have a very bad price/quality ratio. The
'kit' Kodak Ektapro
SS 85/2.8 is four to six times as expensive as the 'kit' lenses from Kindermann
and Leitz (DM. 120
vs. DM. 30/20) and still suffers from the same low contrast. The high end Kodak
Ektapro Select SS
93/2.5 is twice as expensive as the Kindermann ISCO Projar 90/2.4 or Leitz
Super Colorplan Pro
90/2.5 (DM. 470 vs DM. 230), yet it has less contrast. The top lens Carl Zeiss
P-Sonnar 90/2.5, btw,
costs about DM. 650~700 (~$350), which is peanuts compared to a typical Zuiko
xxmm/Fx.x lens... ;)

hnz