Re: Sv: [OM] Slide projector sizing?

Subject: Re: Sv: [OM] Slide projector sizing?
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 1999 11:41:21 +0000
At 01:58 9/4/99 , Warren wrote:
>Thanks for the list. I have both a Rollei P37 and a Kodak AF. The Rollei has
>a Haminez zoom (70 to 120?) which is quite good but the Kodak is probably
>plastic. The Kodak gets the most use because of the stack loader so I need or
>cherish after a better lens.  Other than the Kodak, do you know which of the
>below fits Kodak?

I have an Ektagraphic that takes the standard Kodak rack and pinion lenses.
 One of the best inexpensive alternatives to the sometimes mediocre Kodak
lenses are the Schneider Kreuznach Prolux made for the Kodak Carousel (and
Ektagraphic) projectors.  Be aware there are some really expensive
Schneider's around too.  I got a Vario-Prolux MC 70-120mm f/2.8 zoom from
B&H in NYC for about the same price as the Kodak f/3.5 zoom of about the
same focal lengths and have been *very* happy with it with a quite
*noticeable* improvement in image quality on a 50" white matte screen.
Price was *under* $140 USD.  It has a plastic body also, but its molding
quality, fit and finish were considerably better than the equivalent Kodak
. . . just as the performance was.

-- John