Re: [OM] Aerial Photography

Subject: Re: [OM] Aerial Photography
From: "W. J. Liles" <wliles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 20:33:38 -0500
Gregg Iverson wrote:

  They digitized the information and then went
> out and did field surveys.  When they identified a particular tree in
> the field and told the computer what tree a particular image was, the
> computer identified all similar trees throughout the state.

Greg

That is very interesting.  NASA can identify mineral deposits by
satelite photography at various wavelengths, why not tree species?  They
probably did use filters at highly specific wavelengths, but prehaps
not.  I wonder if it would be possible to extract the information from a
regular digitizer?  Should be possible, might even be possible with the
MK I eyeball.

Thanks

Jerry Liles