Re: Re:Re: [OM] Aerial Photography

Subject: Re: Re:Re: [OM] Aerial Photography
From: Chris Barker <cmib@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 07:07:10 +0200
>My experiences are few but I'll offer what I can.  The vibration from the
>plane is considerable to be sure but your body acts as a damper to a large
>degree.  A gyro is nice if you happen to have access to one but high shutter
>speeds will suffice.  At least one step faster than the 1/focal length hand

Jerry

I agree with John about the shutter speed.  1/250 and above seems to work
for most people from what I've read - there's less vibration in a jet
aircraft unless you press the lens onto the canopy.

It would probably be difficult to use IR since the filter would take so
much of your speed from you.  However, Ilford SFX with a gentle Red filter
might do the trick.

But you might do best if you can fly some formation and take photos of
other aircraft close to - the Confederate Air Force (?) might pay you to do
so.  But flying formation with your knees might be ill-advised ;-).

Do it safely, whatever...

Chris