Re: [OM] Importance of "feel"

Subject: Re: [OM] Importance of "feel"
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 1999 23:24:41 -0700
John;

John Petrush wrote:

 I kept looking and found a well used
> Horseman 450 for a quarter of the comparable Toyo model.  All the controls
> are smooth but firm, all the locks are positive and I can operate everything
> without looking up from the groundglass.  It's even ambedextrious.  The only
> thing I'm having an awkward time with is setting the shutter - the aperture
> lever in under the lens and the indicating pointer is on top.

I've adjusted the shutters on my view camera lenses so they're at the 9
o'clock position - where I adjust them and where the cable release
point. A simple spanner is all u need.

> Using the OM-4T with a 200mm lens makes great spotmeter indeed.  <--

Yeah, and in a pinch, since you probably won't be carrying a 600mm view
camera lens, you can take a picture with it.

George