Re: [OM] Importance of "feel"

Subject: Re: [OM] Importance of "feel"
From: *- DORIS FANG -* <sfsttj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 14:17:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 8 Aug 1999, John Petrush wrote:

> This "feel" is not only a very difficult concept to explain but is
> confounding to those who do not appreciate its importance.

  You're singing to the choir. There's nothing mysterious about
ergonomics, and some companies have spent lots of time and money
trying to get the feel right in their products. There's even a Japanese
word for it (I remember it from my owner's manual for the car) It is a
very subjective and highly personal thing, but clearly will always
work in your favor or against you.  This is one of those things that
people pay no attention to when they get into a system mindlessly.

                                    *= Doris Fang =*