Re: [OM] New lens tests posted

Subject: Re: [OM] New lens tests posted
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 12:32:26 -0500
At 11:11 AM 7/26/1999 EDT, Paul you wrote in part:
The OM-2000 also has a
>vertical insead of horizontal shutter, but this seems to have had little
>affect, based on Gary's tests.
>
>Paul Schings

Paul,

Are you saying the vertical shutter (as opposed to the horizontal) is not
the culprit in vibration scenarios with the OM-1 because this is caused
specifically by the aperture stopdown mechanism?  If so, I'm not sure that
horizontal shutter isn't part of the problem.  Even with OM-1 aperture
mechanically stopped down (with tape) and mirror locked up, the shutter
produces, relatively speaking, a pretty good kick (that's my recollection
from laser pointer tests).  I also compared the OM-1 with the Nikon FM2
(also mechanical shutter with similar design to the OM2000, I believe), and
there was no shutter shudder.

But I should give you a chance to clarify your statement before jumping all
over you ;-)
Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA