Re: [OM] New lens tests posted

Subject: Re: [OM] New lens tests posted
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 12:31:37 -0500
At 05:49 AM 7/26/1999 EDT, Gary you wrote in part:

>50mm f/1.8 MC Zuiko
>This is the first version of the multi-coated 50mm f/1.8  Previously I
tested
>the later "Made in Japan" version.  The contrast in this one rivals the
250mm
>f/2 Zuiko, although the resolution isn't as high.  Acquiring one of these is
>probably the single cheapest investment to sharp pictures an OM user could
>make.
>
>Gary Reese
>Las Vegas, NV

Gary,

Wow!  Would you expect an analogous jump with the OM2000 behind the "Made
in Japan" version?  I'm looking at that amazing f4 result on the one tested
above?  I'm trying to interpret your last statement.  Looks to me like
either MC version is going to be a winner.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA