Re: [OM] OM-4T, batteries and heat

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4T, batteries and heat
From: JIM_TEO@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 17:06:47 +0800

It sounds serious, isn't the OM4-Ti designed for professional used???

Jim Teo_____________________________________________________________

Peter Su wrote:

> Also, the camera seems senstitive to heat. The camera locked up when
> it was very warm (in 98 degree weather, its been hot in the NE this
> week), but worked OK after cooling off. Also, the battery check was a
> discontinous tone when warm, but switched back to a continous tone
> after the camera had been in a room cool for a while. I'm not sure if
> heat really has anything to do with it.

I had exactly the same problem a couple of days ago. Shooting macros in
blazing sun at midday (at about 35 C), the camera gave up after 15
minutes exactly in a way you describe it. No previous signs of battery
weakness (I test them regularly), and camera came back to normal at
home, with passing the battery test beeping as always.

br,

Marko Vrabec
Kamnik, Slovenia