[OM] OM-4T, batteries and heat

Subject: [OM] OM-4T, batteries and heat
From: Peter Su <psu@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 20:24:25 -0400 (EDT)
I gave in to temptation a couple of months ago and bought an older
OM4T... it seemed to work great on a couple of test rolls, so I was a
happy camper.

However, I'm having odd battery problems. The first time, the camera
locked up in while taking a picture in auto mode. I figured the
batteries were old and changed them out.

Now, less than a roll later, the same thing has happened on the new
(well, now 2 month old) batteries.  I've been taking the camera to
work in a backpack for a couple of months now. But it wasn't until
yesterday that it hung up when taking a picture. The shutter stays
open and the camera makes an odd continuous beeping sound.

Also, the camera seems senstitive to heat. The camera locked up when
it was very warm (in 98 degree weather, its been hot in the NE this
week), but worked OK after cooling off. Also, the battery check was a
discontinous tone when warm, but switched back to a continous tone
after the camera had been in a room cool for a while. I'm not sure if
heat really has anything to do with it.

Anyway, I don't want to give this camera up as a lemon, but I don't
really want have to spend a huge amount to fix it either... anyone
have experience with this?

Thanks,
Pete