Re: [OM] OM-4T, batteries and heat

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4T, batteries and heat
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 19:39:43 +0200
Marko Vrabec schrieb:

> Thanks, Richard, next time I'll take my OM4t out in summer heat, I
> must not forget to take my camel herd along. There just isn't a problem
> this list couldn't solve!
>
> :-) :-) :-) (kidding!)

I think camels are an crucial accesory for taking photos under extrem
high temperature conditions. This animal, in his elevated physical
structure, will spend shadow, so eliminating flare within the lenses and
preventing the overheating of the camera!  ;-)

Ahh, I forgot he also used an grossly oversized Gitzo tripod, it worked
as heat spreader, thus further reducing the camera temperature. ;-)

> P.S.
> An urgent OT question: do they sell camels at EBay?

I would be careful with buying camels on e-bay, the owner should at
least provide an actual photo of the camels teeth. ;-)

BTW didn´t Adams use an donkey?

Regards

Richard

...searching for an camel or donkey to carry the tripod/heatspreader