[OM] Olympus Photography, the Olympus Camera Club magazine

Subject: [OM] Olympus Photography, the Olympus Camera Club magazine
From: "Thomas Haegin" <haegint@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 12:52:18 +0200
Tomoko and List Members,

I'm on this list only recently, and have already seen some interesting
and helpful messages.

In one of Tomokos, there is mention of the "Olympus Photography", the
Olympus Camera Club magazine. That sounds interesting, I wasn't aware
of it. But OTOH I have been out of the loop for a long time.

Can you provide any details? Is it in English or Japanese? How to
subscibe? Annual Cost? A web link? Do you think it's distributed in
Europe also? Whatever you know, just briefly dump in a mail.

Just FYI, a little background on myself:

I live in Zurich, Switzerland. I got my OM-2 in 1979 for my
Confirmation at the age of 15 (a Church thing for Protestants). I have
been using it very little in the last few years, but always enjoyed
photographing with and owning it. Now, I want to get into it more
again. I'm looking on eBay for some additional equipment (lenses, a
2nd body, etc.) and plan to get all my stuff revised here at the Swiss
Olympus HQ.

I own an OM-2 (non-N) in black with a Winder 2, a Quick Auto 310
flash, three Zuikos 2.8/35mm, 1.8/50mm, 2.8/100mm and a Tamron SP
5.6/300mmm that I used for wildlife photography (my dad was a hunter).
The Zuikos 35 and 100 and the Tamron I bought sometimes later than
1979 (early and mid 80-ies I guess).

I use the 1-13 focusing screen that is too dark with the Tamron, even
in good light. I'm looking for a 1-2 that the catalogues say should be
clearer, but still gets the correct metering in Manual mode and
correct indications in Auto mode. Any views, comments on that?

The QA 310 is not working properly (always a too warm red-tone in the
pictures, like too little flashing), but I don't know if that's
because of the flash or the camera control. That's why I want to get
everything revised now. Without flash, my OM takes the normal, perfect
pictures (light and focus).

I love the cam for sentimental and practical performance reasons. IMO,
still a wonderful piece of engineering.

Any other Swiss people here on the list, please raise your hands!
Could be handy to know a few :-)

Any additional info the the Olympus club mag highly appreciated,

Thanks a lot,
Thomas Haegin
Zurich, Switzerland

Off-list, you reach me via: