Re[2]: [OM] Winder-2 malfunction

Subject: Re[2]: [OM] Winder-2 malfunction
From: JIM_TEO@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 11:38:19 +0800
     Garth

     What is the last time you used your winder? Is it about a year or
     longer?

     I had the same experience once where I have not use it for more than a
     year. Perhaps it could due to the under used of electronic circuits,
     but now it performs normal as if I've not use my equipments (body,
     flash, MD) for 3 months, I'll make a point to dry-run them.

     Many equipment fails (poor shutter accuracy, flash not able to charge
     properly, etc) because of under used and Not over used. Therefore Do
     not neglect them for too long.

Jim Teo____________________________________________________________________

At 08:42 PM 7/4/99 +0100, you wrote:

>Hello Olympians
>
>I wanted to use my Winder-2 today and found out that it did not work
>properly on
>both my bodies (OM-1 and OM-2n) The winder simply won't advance the frame or
>expose the shot. It does not matter if the switch is set to single or
>continuous. Only somtimes after fidling the winder on the body it will fire,
>but
>I cannot exactly say waht makes the diffrence. I allready cleaned the
>contact of
>the bodies and the winder without result.

Wiliam:

I have an identical problem with my Winder 2, and am experiencing the same
uncertainty as you about whether to repair it or buy a new one (I'm leaning
towards buying a new one, since it'll actually be faster than repairing the
one I've got).

Garth