Re: [OM] Film speed was-mondomonopods and suppot

Subject: Re: [OM] Film speed was-mondomonopods and suppot
From: "Glen Lowry" <lowry@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 09:22:24 -0700
Richard Ross wrote,

>FWIW, Ilford recommend a speed setting for their b/w films to give the
>optimum results, and specifically state that this is *not* necessarily the
>ISO speed.  For example, Delta 3200 has a recommended meter setting of
>3200, but an ISO speed rating of 1000.  Quote the Ilford data sheet: "..the
>exposure index recommended...is based on a practical evaluation of film
>speed and is not based on foot speed as is the ISO standard."  Having used
>Delta 3200, at 3200, I can vouch for its recommended speed rating.

I thought this was more of a disclaimer--along the lines of "this film isn't
really 3200 but . . ."  Having said that I've only ever used it at 3200 (in
the dark) and have been very happy w/ the results, especially the tonal
range. I've been meaning to try it at 1000, but I don't really see the point
(At this speed I'd probably rather push HP5+ a stop and a 1/3 or so).  Has
anyone (Richard?) shot Delta 3200 at 1000?

Glen