Re: [OM] why is everyone selling OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] why is everyone selling OM?
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 11:24:42 -0700

> >Yet another post on the 35mm group. Why is everyone selling off the OM
> >system?

When looking at the for sale items on rec.photo.35mm etc, one could more
easily ask why is everyone selling all their N***n and C***n equipment.
The ad ratios are probably 50 or 100:1 vs Olympus.

There certainly are some people selling off OM to go to AF.  Others (as
we've seen from list members msgs) are coming back to OM or starting
anew.

Costs of much OM equipment are pretty high for sure.  Course, you can
get the new OM2000+ a zoom lens for not much more than $200. That's
pretty reasonable, No?  And this camera/zoom are much more comparable to
the latest and greatest mass market stuff from the NMPC gang than is the
'real' OM bodies, Zuiko lenses.

Eg, the 4Ti and 3Ti, while not AF, are amoung the most capable and
well-built camera bodies in the world.  And they can be coupled with
some of the finest lenses in the world, some even of recent design, eg
35-80/2.8; 90/2 macro. And whose prices are on a par with the quality
gear from the other guys.  And all this stuff is compatible with all the
lenses and accessories of one of the most complete camera 'systems'
ever.

So I'm not worried and will use OM until I can't see well enuf to focus.
Just one man's opinion.

George