Re: [OM] why is everyone selling OM?

Subject: Re: [OM] why is everyone selling OM?
From: "John Hudson" <jahudson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 21:27:57 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx <PCACala@xxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, May 25, 1999 9:07 PM

><< Why is everyone selling off the OM system? >>
>
>I'm more inclined to say it's a buyers market on many OM System components,
>with higher demand than supply.
>
>Reasons for selling that I've encountered include:
>* can't maintain multiple camera systems
>* difficulty focusing (although they often haven't tried dioptric eyepiece
>correction!)
>* interested only in carrying a point and shoot type camera.
>* going to digital
>* going to auto focus
>* need the money
>* hardly use the stuff
>* inherited the stuff and don't know what to do with it.
>
>Gary Reese
>Las Vegas, NV

I went in the other direction! I bought in to the OM system. Value for
money, reputation .... my father bought an early OM having unloaded a IIIf
or IIIg and was delighted with the results ..... and my own test drive
seemed rather persuasive of the fact that spending the same money on a used
R6.2 body alone was rather foolish considering that I could get an OM4T plus
several lenses and change in my pocket for several, no many, rolls of film!
My only damm complaint is that the delayed action lever on my OM4T does not
return automatically to the reset position after the shutter has been
fired!!

jh