Re: [OM] Photo 'Contest'

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo 'Contest'
From: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 09:26:06 -0500
I am absolutely in favor of having George Anderson set some guidelines for
a group shoot since he has graciously volunteered to provide server space
and all the drudgery involved in getting files loaded, etc.  George, I
offer my services:  I can scan slides or negs as needed.

I hope that we can encourage the widest participation of list members.
Let's try to get an image from everyone.

When all are posted we could simply each pick our favorite 10 (or 5 or 3).
Let the tallies produce a top group and leave it at that.  What could be
more constructive?  You learn by picking in the first place, and you learn
some more by comparing with the consensus.

I propose that this first shoot be dedicated to Olympus' 80th anniversary,
and that when the results are up we send the URL to the various Olympus
national companies, and to Maitani-sensei c/o Olympus Japan.

Joel Wilcox
Iowa City, Iowa USA