Re: [OM] Auto extension tubes

Subject: Re: [OM] Auto extension tubes
From: Mark Dapoz <md@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 10:27:11 -0400 (EDT)
> It all depends on what the use of your extension tubes will be.
> Technically the Vivitar tubes are good, and since no glass is
> contained, optically they are on par with Olympus originals.

Actually, there is a major difference between the Vivitar and Olympus
tubes.  The Vivitar ones have a smaller opening, and even though it won't
cause vignetting, you won't be able to mount some of the Olympus macro
lenses.  I know that the 135/4.5 macro won't fit on the Vivitar tubes,
the protruding rear element is just too big.  I suspect the 80/4 will
have the same problem.  If you don't plan on using either of these
lenses then the Vivitar ones a probably fine.
                                -mark