Re: [OM] Photo 'Contest'

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo 'Contest'
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 21:23:35 -0400
I like the concept of some sort of evaluation and critique.  For the thin of
skin, who may be offended by such comments, you have two magnificent
opportunities - 1. to learn more about your photography technique and vision
and 2. how to thicken your hide a little.  Both valuable.  This group has
been outstanding at dealing with the occasional "flare-up" and maintaining
civility.

Regarding how to digitize, I will scan any entry with my humble little film
scanner (neg or slide).  Just mail your original and enclose a SASE for the
return trip.  Contributions of 350mm f/2.8's or 24mm shifts graciously
accepted. <g>  Seriously, I'd be pleased to do a few dozen scans every other
month or so at web page resolutions (say 800x600 pixels) for any submitting
list member to help this effort moving forward.

As for a 50mm only  - bring it on :)

Regarding how to tally votes - there several ways to approach it.  One way
is to pick first, scond and third in rank order and assign values.  Another
way to to select your favorite three, without ranking.  Any uniformily
applied way will work.  As for naming names - entries should be anonymous
for voting, but afterward the names should be made available.  MHO.

John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far".

Roger Skully <Robinsnes@xxxxxxx>, among others, commented: