Re: [OM] Auto extension tubes

Subject: Re: [OM] Auto extension tubes
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 08:20:36 -0500
>It all depends on what the use of your extension tubes will be.
>Technically the Vivitar tubes are good, and since no glass is
>contained, optically they are on par with Olympus originals.

An interesting discovery the other day:  Joel and I was comparing Vert with
his Vivitar auto extension tubes.  Well, what do you know--they were
identical!  Well, almost.  The barrel has changed (the auto extension tubes
didn't have a rubber ring), but everthing else is identical.  The auto
extension tubes use the same internals as the teleconverters.  Makes me
feel much better about Vert now.

Ken

Kenneth E. Norton
Image66 Photography, Broadcast Consulting and Audio Engineering

image66@xxxxxxx
(515) 791-2306