Re: [OM] Photo 'Contest'

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo 'Contest'
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 06:05:38 -0400
At 07:29 PM 5/23/99 -0700, you wrote:
><snip>
>Oh, re. that comment about someone not winning more than one contest a
>year.
>We don't have to have our names posted by the photos at all. Only
>technical info, if even that. All that matter--and should matter--is the
>actual photo. If one person keeps winning, so be it. No hold barred, and
>may the best photo win.

I have to diasgree. Keep them anonymous till the voting's over, but then
publish the name. What's the point of winning if no one knows who you are?

Then there's the question of the votes.

I tried to get the vote count publicized on the COntax list, but I was voted
down :-)

It was felt that beginners who's skills were limited may get discouraged if
they consistently get no votes.

Also, this list has a lot more subscribers. Depending on the number of
submissions, maybe there could be one winner for every ten images, up to three.
IOW, first, second, and third place if more than thirty images were submitted.

Regards,
Denton Taylor

Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com.
Panoramas and Immersive Imaging at