Re: [OM] Photo 'Contest'

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo 'Contest'
From: Sean Mattingly <matting@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 17:58:36 +0200 (MET DST)
" No need to be sorry, even if I disagree :-)
"
" The point of winning is recognition from one's peers, that's all. It feels
" good. Voting also forces the voter to analyze more closely why s/he likes a
" specific photo. Therefore it is good for the voter and the votee. How's
" that for democracy? Everyone feels good! lol!

  Ah, this would be the core of our disagreement then...

  I do not think that voting forces the voter to analyze more closely.
If I can just click on a little check-box on the web (or whatever) I
will end up doing it with much less thinking than if I send a text message
to the list saying, "I was looking at so-and-so's picture of blah and
have blahblahblah to say about it."

  Others have said that the best thing about this whole idea is the
receiving of feedback...I agree.  But I don't think a vote is a very
good way of getting feedback.

" All IMHO and I'm happy to go with the flow...

  Yeah...the flow is great.  :)

" Denton Taylor

--
Sean Mattingly                      |   What is, is
----------------------              |   What is not is possible