Re: [OM] Photo 'Contest'

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo 'Contest'
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 16:13:25 -0500 (CDT)
On Mon, 24 May 1999 21:42:33 +0200 (MET DST), Sean Mattingly wrote:

>"
>" So why not have both? Vote and discuss.
>"
>
>  The main detriments of the vote are:
>
>1) Fewer people will participate.

Surely not.

>2) There is the possibility of people geeting hurt feelings.

But that's a distinct possibility any time you publish a photo.

>3) The voting might possibly tempt people to just click a checkbox
>   instead of making well thought out observations and comments.

People react to photos in all sorts of ways. How many photos have you
seen today on your screen, in your paper, on signs, in your home and
office? Did you stop to evaluate all of them? I'd be interested in
both serious critiques (and criticisms) of my photos and quick
reactions - both are valuable.

BBB
-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel