Re: [OM] OM1 battery fix (2)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1 battery fix (2)
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 15:23:56 -0400
Hi Tim & list,

Thanks for all the info on mercury battery replacements. I have also
been looking into some possibilities. I was looking through a Panasonic
battery catalogue for possible battery replacements and I think that
two CR1632 Lithium batteries would fit in an OM-1, giving a total
voltage of 5-6V. Battery dimension is 16x3.2mm. The Varta 625 is
16x6.2mm.

Also, one of the guys here at Linear Tech has designed a
voltage-to-voltage charge pump (using external "flying caps") that can
regulate it's output down to the bandgap voltage of 1.25V. It also
draws about 18uAs of quiescent current. This would allow for a wide
variation in battery voltage with a regulated 1.35V output voltage.
Also, being a charge pump circuit, it should be relatively efficient,
as compared to a linear regulator. I will look into this to see if such
a circuit will fit in an OM-1. The part comes in an 8-pin SOT, needs
two chip caps, a filter cap, and two feedback resistors to set the
output voltage.

Wayne