Re: [OM] OM1 battery fix (2)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM1 battery fix (2)
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 13:05:26 EDT
Tim writes:

> were the errors mainly at high EV as my test suggests is likely
>  with an MR9 type adapter?  What was the largest error?

I only tested over a 4 EV range, using a 50mm f/1.4, as recommended, with
film speed dial set at ISO 125:
1/25th @ f/11
1/25th @ f/5.6
1/25th @ f/2.8

For 1/25th @ f/11 I got the following errors (in stops) from the four cameras:
-1/3, +1/3, no error, +1/3

Then at 1/25th @ f/5.6:
+1/3, +1 1/3, +1/3, +1

Then at 1/25th @ f/2.8:
+2/3, +2 2/3, +2/3, +1 1/3

I allowed at least 10 seconds for the meter to settle.  I also tried most
tests twice, but noted no differences.

After I left the bench dejected, Bill Rogers (the shop owner) told me it's a
good thing that customers don't ask to see the bench spec for used cameras!
The older ones are typically all over the boards.

Gary