Re: [OM] Powering T32

Subject: Re: [OM] Powering T32
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 14:29:17 GMT
On Mon, 8 Mar 1999 13:23:50 +0100, "Hans van Veluwen"
<mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>The plugs may be a bit of a problem, since I don't think they're really some
>sort of a standard. If you could find a very cheap or even broke T20, T32
>and Power Bounce Grip 2, you could use the plugs from those... You could
>then make your own "T.Relay cord" and carry the grip part of a Power Bounce
>Grip 2 in your inner pocket. A bit large and heavy, but it should work.

You would have to be very careful here, because it is high voltage you
would be dealing with. I wouldn't like the idea of 220-240 volts in my
inner pocket...

>Alternatively, you could try to locate a good working 315V Power Pack (which
>may be quite difficult) and a QA310 Flash (that should be easy). This unit
>is an external portable battery unit that only works with the QA310, and
>provides very short recycling times (0.5-1.5 sec.) and a large number of
>flashes (500 or more).
>And of course you would want an OM-2 and Shoe 2 for this flash.
>
>Hans

The Olympus 315 volt Power Pack is no longer for sale (it was unsafe,
and consequently it was forbidden in several countries). And if you
can find the pack, you won't find the batteries which are no longer
made. Of course hooking up 35 of the small 9 volt radio blocks might
work...

But it cannot be emphasized enough how important safety is here
.
If you want to carry the battery on your body (warm environment but
damp or moist as well!), I would certainly recommend a 6 volt
solution. And if you want to use high voltage, take a safe Quantum
Turbo which can be clipped on your belt. Not as warm as an inside
pocket, but probably warm enough.

Frank.