Re: [OM] Origin of 35-70 1:3,5-4,5

Subject: Re: [OM] Origin of 35-70 1:3,5-4,5
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 15:28:58 +0100
:I have read in a recent message, that the origin of the 35-70 1:3,5-4,5 is
:unknown. I think, that this lens is an original Olympus product. I think it
:was developed for the OM-707 and was then adapted in the Zuiko line.

I think you're right these lenses are related. I have also a SIF data sheet
for the Olympus 35-70mm/F3.5-4.5 AF (soon available in my e-SIF). Both
lenses have 9 elements in 8 groups, the lens cross-section diagrams look
identical, both focus at 0.75 and have a close focus setting of 0.45m and
both have a filter size of 49mm. Dimensions and weight differ, of course.
The question is: were the AF/PF lenses really made and designed by Olympus?

Hans