RE: RE: [OM] OM101 (OM88) help

Subject: RE: RE: [OM] OM101 (OM88) help
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 00:26:54 +0200
>This idea has already "cross my mind". I believe I should drill two holes in
>the Zuiko mount. The first one is for the AF-PF transmission shaft (just to
>let it free) and the second is for lens lock (the one that switches the
>mode). It may be a problem, if a Zuiko lens is present, a kind of wheel that
>controls the aperture shaft is turned to the maximum move. The lens itself
>retains the selected aperture defined by the ring command. In case of PF or
>AF lens the "wheel" that controls the aperture shaft is turned to a position
>depending on the selected aperture. So, I have a doubt. Drilling the lens
>mount will set the camera working as for the AF-PF lens. But I am not sure
>the aperture shaft will move enough to get the selected aperture. The
>question is to know if the Zuiko lens provides the right aperture for the
>selected aperture on the camera?
>
>Thierry

If you set the Zuiko to its smallest aperture, it maybe behaves in the same
way as a PF lens. When using a Zuiko with the OM-2SP or OM-40 you have to
choose the smallest aperture value, too (the same with the Yashica 109 MP).
Then I think, that the OM-2SP or OM-40 choose an aperture value but then
add the best possible exposure time via ADM. Maybe the OM-101 use also ADM
(TTL-flash is possible) and therefore it might be possible to use a stopped
down Zuiko in the same way, but I haven't tried it, because I don't want to
modify a Zuiko mount.

Matthias