Re: [OM] OM101 (OM88) help

Subject: Re: [OM] OM101 (OM88) help
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 03:00:18 +0200
>Hello everybody,
>
>I am a rookie on this list. I have just got to know it exists today. I have
>used an OM101 (known as OM88) for 10 years. I search the list archives to
>find some tips using a Zuiko Lens and having the control of exposure
>available in the viewfinder. Plug-in such a lens switchs it off and the
>camera works in aperture priority mode.
>
>Does anyone know how to enable the light measuring? At least prior to the
>exposure.  Is there any known modification?
>
>Where should i be able to find the electronic circuit scheme?
>
>With best regards.
>
>Thierry Cathelineau

There is no electrical communication between the PF lenses and the OM-101.
Further there is no mechanical aperture simulator. So the only difference
for the OM-101 between a Zuiko and a PF lens is, if the AF transmission
shaft is "in" or "out". So probably you could drill a hole in a Zuiko
mount, where the AF transmission shaft fits in, or you determine where the
switch is done for identifying the position of the shaft. Note, that you
can see the viewfinder information, if no lens is attached ! But you will
only be able to do working aperture metering because of the missing
aperture simulator, I think.

Matthias