[OM] Inexpensive wide (<28 to fisheye) lens rec - Zuiko-holic in need of

Subject: [OM] Inexpensive wide (<28 to fisheye) lens rec - Zuiko-holic in need of fix.
From: "Barry B. Bean" <bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 11:30:21 -0600 (CST)
Like many of the Zuikaholics on the list, I've recently gone from an
arsenal that consisted entirely of an OM-1n and a 50/1.8 to 4 bodies,
a half dozen lenses, and a staggering number of empty film canisters
piling up around the house.

That said, I still don't have a wide angle lens that exceeds the
reach of my 28-85 zoom, but I'd like one. In an ideal world, I'd pop
down for a Zuiko 21 and a fisheye, but I have to use real dollars and
not ideal dollars.

So: Any suggestions for an inexpensive wide angle (pref in the 14 to
21 range) or an inexpensive fisheye? I'm a serious amateur, so while
quality is a concern, there's little chance of my next shot appearing
in a photography mag. Therefore, I can certainly make a few
concessions to economy.

I've seen a new Vivitar 19/3.8 listed at $119, which sounds
intriguing. Has anyone used this?

Is there such a thing as a cheap fisheye?

On a related note, I'm also in the market for a cheap Zuiko 200 to
400 prime, if anyone's got an extra collecting dust.

BBB
-
B.B. Bean - Have horn, will travel
bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx