Re: [OM] Inexpensive wide (<28 to fisheye) lens rec - Zuiko-holic in nee

Subject: Re: [OM] Inexpensive wide (<28 to fisheye) lens rec - Zuiko-holic in need of fix.
From: Matthias Wilke <Matthias.K.Wilke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 09:28:54 +0200
>:I've seen a new Vivitar 19/3.8 listed at $119, which sounds
>:intriguing. Has anyone used this?
>
>No I haven't, but it sounds like a good price. Other affordable options I
>can think of are the Cosina 20/3.8 or the Tokina 17/3.5.  And for 'the real
>thing', the 24/2.8 Zuiko is still quite affordable.

It's possible, that the Vivitar 19mm and the Cosina 20mm are the same
lenses. At least Cosina offers all manual focus lenses also in OM mount.
Somewhere in the net they have a difficult to find homepage. The Tokina
17mm is a great lens if used with 5,6 and smaller. With 3,5 there are
softened edges, if the edges have high contrast and low brilliance. BTW a
friend and I compared the Tokina and the Zuiko 18mm. The Zuiko was
brilliant from 3,5. At 5,6 and smaller, there was no difference in
brilliance. But this specimen of the Zuiko showed a very slight second
spectrum picture, like the Zenitar 16mm fisheye does, whereas the Tokina
seemed to have no visible second spectrum picture.

Matthias