Re: [OM] Olympus History

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus History
From: Jim Terazawa <jimt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 11:23:48 -0600
Michael,

There is an Olympus' history website using html tables at
http://www.olympus.co.jp/Special/CameraHistory/camera.html
but the above url is all in Japanese - no translation.
However, at url http://www.olympus.co.jp/Profile/milestonesE.html
you will find the company's brief history with some of camera
introductions.

According to the history table, the  XA was introduced
in May of 1979.  This has the link to
http://www.olympus.co.jp/Special/CameraHistory/xa.html
Also, the table has the link to
http://www.olympus.co.jp/Special/CameraHistory/flexbii.html
the camera was introduced in October, 1953.

Sorry I wish I had more time to translate, but I'm in
the middle of project..  The Japanese website is much
more informative than the English one - I guess they
need more multi-cultured staff for the globalization.

Jim Terazawa        Dallas,TX