Re: [OM] Olympus History & PMA'99

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus History & PMA'99
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 20:48:19 -0800
Mike Stoesz wrote:

>Does anyone know if there is a web site on the history of Olympus cameras?
>
>I am especially interested in the Olympus 35 series from the 50's to the
>introduction of the XA.

Mike,

AFAIK, the material you're looking for is not on the net, at least not
in English.  However, it was published in a series of essays in the now
defunct Olympus publication "VisionAge".  The 35-series is covered in
issues #3, 4, and 7, whereas the Pen series is described in #5 and 6.

Regrettably, I don't own the original 'zines.  However, a fellow Zuik
from across The Pond was kind enough to mail me xerox copies of the
above articles (thanks much, John Gardner!)   Pls remind be to bring
them with me to PMA.

A propos the upcoming PMA meeting, it's on Feb. 18-21 in Vegas. Do any
Zuiks plan to attend?  If so, pls advise.  I hope to be there, and so is
Mike S.  Maybe, if there's any time left between the heavy gambling and
other Sin City attractions :-), a mini-convention of like-minded Zuiks
could take place.

Cheers,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA