Re: Re[2]: [OM] 90 macro

Subject: Re: Re[2]: [OM] 90 macro
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 15:02:02 -0500
<<Having its place is somewhat the operative phrase.  I do not rate the 90
macro better or worse than the 85.  Conditions, my vision and mood, and how
strong my back feels at the time influence which one I select more than
anything.  The 85 is so light and compact compared to the 90's bulk and
heft.  But the 85 is no contender for close focus.  Someday I may get a
100mm, but 'till then, I'll make due with the 90 <g>

John P>>

If macro is what you are after then a Macro lens 1:1 or greater is just the
ticket.
If however you just want close focus as I do, my solution may work for you.
I keep a 25mm extension tube in my bag.  The loss of one stop of light is a
small sacrifice for being able to close focus with any of my Zuiko lenses.
There is no glass so it is very light to carry and there is no image
degradation.

Charlie Loeven