Re: Re[2]: [OM] 90 macro

Subject: Re: Re[2]: [OM] 90 macro
From: "John Petrush" <petrush@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 1999 22:43:58 -0800
My response was relative to the initial question regarding the 90 macro's
usefulness as a portrait lens, for which I have only positive comments.  I
do have the 85mm f/2 but <sigh> no 100mm.  The next lens in my bag is the
now discontinued 135mm f/2.8 which also has its place.

Having its place is somewhat the operative phrase.  I do not rate the 90
macro better or worse than the 85.  Conditions, my vision and mood, and how
strong my back feels at the time influence which one I select more than
anything.  The 85 is so light and compact compared to the 90's bulk and
heft.  But the 85 is no contender for close focus.  Someday I may get a
100mm, but 'till then, I'll make due with the 90 <g>

John P
there is no "never" - just long periods of "not yet".
there is no "always" - just long periods of "so far"

Jim Teo  <JIM_TEO@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> asked: